Last Thursday, Trans Siberian Orchestra came to Anaheim for a concert. I have been dying to see them for probably 6 years now, so Ant got us tickets to go!! We had seats about as far away as possible since we waited too long to book, but we were there!With that said, the concert was NOTHING like I expected. I've played the Trans Siberian tracks at Christmas-time for several years now, and I always interpreted their performances as classical with a twist of metal, envisioning performances as such. I always pictured a fairly traditional concert hall with a medium to large orchestra on stage, and a small grouping to the side of some electric guitars, basses, etc. I'd always heard about their light shows, too, so I was expecting some cool photo-antics.
I was NOT expecting: metal with a classical twist, big 80s rocker hair, metal-style head banging by the musicians, and an overall metal feel. I was absolutely blown away by the show we actually got. Don't get me wrong; I'm still VERY happy we went, and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I just had to adjust a bit. We were also far enough away that binoculars were necessary to see anything more than the lights/laser show. Luckily, the women sitting next to us had brought a pair, and were more than happy to pass them along when anything interesting was going on.
So, I would recommend for anyone going to see them to be prepared for lots of fog machine smoke (for the unbeatable laser show), and get tickets as close as possible. You want to see these guys up close! It was an awesome addition to our Christmas season kick-off.
No comments:
Post a Comment