Monday, December 21, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

Christmas has always been my favorite holiday of the year, and not because of the gifts, either. I've really just always loved the snow and the lights and that magic "Christmas feel" in the air. I do try very hard, however, to not jump the gun with the decorations and music, but once Thanksgiving is over, it's all about bringing it all out! These decorations have been up since the Saturday after Thanksgiving, I've just been a little slow getting them online.

Thankfully, I've collected enough decorations from the dorms and my apartment in Rochester that I really didn't need to buy much more for this apartment. The tree was bought last year in Rochester, and was definitely the most exciting purchase of the collection. The decor is fairly simple... just gold, red, purple, and silver baubles (as Liz calls them), some gold ribbon, and a box of candy canes! But I love the elegant feel it gives. Some day, when I'm filthy rich and have a big house of my own, I'll have 12 Christmas trees, all with different themes, spread all over in different rooms. For now, this is the first.

Of course, Christmas wouldn't be complete without stockings by the fire. We managed to find a couple very nice ones in the store, brought them home, and personalized them with our names. We have stockings with our names!!! They won't be stuffed this year, but I just couldn't have a Christmas without the stockings on the mantle.

The front door was a fun new addition to the decorations this year. I'm excited to have seasonal decorations, and having something on the front entry just makes this apartment that much more homey. Overall, I managed to keep my decorating budget this year to right around $20, which couldn't be better with the recession and working to establish ourselves in new jobs. I really couldn't be any happier with the feel we've had this season, and I'm sure they will stay up well into the new year. It's been great being able to work from home and enjoy the lights for the full season.

No comments:

Post a Comment