You know what? Life is good. I'm 23, starting a business (and going pretty successfully in that direction, too), marrying the love of my life, we're already making an incredible life together and, though we're getting married, are in no rush to tie ourselves down, and I'm looking forward to the great adventure of my 20-something years. We have a comfortable life, if I make any money we'll have the security and flexibility to travel and really experience adventure. I have a reasonable chance of working as an international ice hockey referee in the next 4-5 years - how many people can say that? And I have so much promise in front of me! I am surrounded by people who love and support me, I'm making incredible friends here in California, both professionally and socially, I live in an incredible location, and am building a beautiful home. Who could really ask for more?
I've never had any obsession for inspirational quotes, but I certainly do have a few I can relate to, and even live by:
"Happiness is the sense that one matters." - Sarah Trimmer
"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward in the same direction." - Unknown
...and most importantly...
"Living without passion isn't living at all." - my own personal motto
I have spent a great deal of my life as a loner, or a floater, feeling as though I've missed out on the opportunity of great, truly close friendships. But as life goes on, I realize that those relationships ARE there. They're just a little slower (and so much sweeter) than what I've hoped to see, and it takes stopping for a moment and looking back to really see them. I am so excited to see where this adventure is going to take me, and so happy to have the peace to ride out the wave and see where it all goes.
So I guess this is a thank-you to all those who have been there for me, who have supported me, or just lent an ear. And it's a reminder to myself that, even in the rough patches when I get caught up in my perfectionism and stress out, I really could not ask for more.
No comments:
Post a Comment