Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Good Life

The longer I've had to get accustomed to our new place, the more I'm falling in love with it. It is incredibly beautiful, very comfortable, and small enough to keep focused on things that matter. Like reducing clutter, eliminating excessive storage/hoarding, more efficiency. Appreciating being outdoors again: tea, reading, writing, and sketching on the balcony in the mornings; grilling with company and eating dinner there in the evenings. Walking or (hopefully soon) bicycling to the store, the bank, the beach, downtown. Knowing and enjoying our neighbors. It's a good place to find peace and a little room to breathe.

And even beyond our new home and neighborhood, I'm pretty happy with life right now. I'm excited about getting married, the plans and details that go into it, and continuing to build a life together. I'm building a career working for myself with a great logic-meets-creativity profession. I'm still working in hockey (though it has been nice having a slow summer). I'm working with horses still, and at the Shea Center especially, where it's great to see the small but incredible changes taking place in peoples' lives. And I've been very encouraged to get more involved and to continue growing there. I'm thrilled to be working toward Instructor Certification (though it is yet another thing to do), and excited at the prospect of working a teaching capacity. And it's great to feel like a real part of that community, that family, and to be slowing building great friendships - the type that are deeper than just getting along in a professional capacity.

So I guess the moral of this short story is that I'm happy. Happy with where I am, and with where I'm going. And really, what more can a person really ask for?

Oh! And I just realized it's also my half birthday today!

No comments:

Post a Comment